Time: 09:00 - 12:00
Online keynote talks on the Nutrient Cycle in the Arctic linked to environmental change. The keynote talks are an appetizer for an open workshop on the same topic taking place in spring 2021 in Orvieto, Italy.
Both the online keynotes and the open workshop is part of a Ny-Ålesund joint flagship project aiming at understanding perturbations in nutrient cycles in the Arctic linked to ongoing environmental change. The nutrient cycling involves all compartments of the ecosystem and will also bring all four Ny-Ålesund flagship programs together.
Keynote speakers and title
- Pavla Dagsson-Waldhauserova, Agricultural University of Iceland, Iceland: Dust in polar regions and its importance for nutrient cycles
- Fran Gordillo, University of Malaga, Spain: Nutrient dynamics and their control of the biological production in the Kongsfjorden coastal system
- Andy Hodson, UNIS, Norway: Nutrient dynamics in glacial meltwaters entering
- Mats Björkman, University of Gothenburg, Sweden: Transport, deposition and fate of atmospheric nutrients in the Ny-Ålesund region.
- Maarten Loonen, University of Groningen, The Netherland: The effect of trophic interactions on terrestrial nutrient cycles
- Peter Convey, BAS-NERC, UK: Nutrient inputs by marine vertebrates are a major driver of polar terrestrial biodiversity hotspots
- Pedro Duarte, Norwegian Polar Institute, Norway: Abiotic and biotic driven nutrient exchanges in a high-latitude fjord – towards the quantification of Net Ecosystem Metabolism
Did you find what you were looking for?